Coach Big Pete's College Camps Dos and Don’ts & Intro Guide For Recruits
Well This Was Asked By A Parent VIA FACEBOOK Last Week
So here we go, first I'm going write down some tips and on the bottom of this article there is a video. I will also put up Clint Cosgrove (Former College Coach, Now Scout) video as well - One Of The Best In The Business (MOST COPIED TOO). Be sure you check out the video on the bottom. Remember Recruits to have fun this summer.
CLINT COSGROVE'S VIDEO
Coach Big Pete Football Summer College Camp Tips For Recruits
* Wear old football cleats that are broken into. NEVER EVER WEAR NEW FOOTBALL CLEATS TO A CAMP. College Coaches DUE NOT CARE ABOUT STYLE POINTS
*Select The Camps That You Feel Best Serve You
*Talk To Your High School Coach About Camps Ask For Advice
* HYDRATE & HYDRATE
* Try and make it early to the camps so you can introduce yourself. If not after the camp introduce yourself
* Parents be on your best behavior (Coaches See The Warning Signs)
* Introduce yourself too as many college coaches as possible. Shake their hands and look them in their eyes
* Do Not Over Camp - Injuries and Fatigue happen to recruits because they have been over camped. Remember Parents these are kids and they also need to have fun this summer.
*Make Sure Your Number (IF YOU ARE GIVEN NUMBER) Is Visible To College Coaches
* Wear at least one piece of clothing that identifies what high school you play for. That helps college coaches and scouts
* Do not worry about mistakes made during your sets. Forget about it and on to the next one
* Respect ALL THE COLLEGE COACHES THE SAME WAY
* College Coaches Make Offers NOT RECRUITING WRITERS. The first people you want to talk to is college coaches NOT WRITERS (INCLUDING ME).
* College Coaches DO NOT CARE ABOUT Articles!!!
WATCH VIDEO BELOW FOR FULL CAMP TIPS FROM COACH BIG PETE
Remember Deep Dish Football Is Just Not About Recruiting But About The Love Of The Game Of IHSA Football
RESPECT THE GAME